- Mr Cadier was educated at the French Lycée in London, his father being of French origin.
- In 1981 Mr Cadier graduated from the Queens College University of Oxford following a four year Masters Degree in Biochemistry.
- He obtained his medical degree in 1986 from St Thomas’ Hospital Medical School in London .
- At Medical School he received two Scholarships, the Marjorie Murray and Duke Elder Scholarships. The latter was presented to him by the Duchess of Kent.
- Mr Cadier spent the following six months of further surgical and academic training in Lyon in France and then joined a surgical rotation between Middlesex and the University College Hospitals in London and Barnet. During this time he spent six months on the professional Unit in Plastic Surgery led by Professor McGrouther. This was the first, and at that time, the only professional Unit in Plastic Surgery in the country.
- Mr Cadier continued his training in Plastic Surgery at Queen Mary’s in Roehampton, Wexham Park in London, Odstock Hospital in Salisbury, and Frenchay Hospital in Bristol. At that time in Plastic Surgery there was still a significant volume of cosmetic surgery undertaken on the NHS including Abdominoplasty, Breast Reduction, Breast Augmentation and Rhinoplasty.
- Mr Cadier continued his training under the auspices of BAAPS Travelling Scholarship in Paris, Bordeaux and Brussels in 1996.
- After research into the laser treatment of facial vascular malformations he obtained a Master of Surgery Degree in 1998.
- He regularly attends courses and conferences in cosmetic surgery, often being being part of the faculty (as a lecturer, a chairperson or a demonstrator).
- He believes that on-going training and education is essential for maintaining a high quality practice and that learning never stops.
Education & Training
- In his private practice Mr Cadier undertakes a full range of cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Having been in private practice for over 20 years and full time since 2017 Mr Cadier has undertaken over 1500 face and neck lifts, and similar numbers of breast augmentations, breast reductions, abdominoplasties, eyelid corrections and rhinoplasties.
- He has pioneered several new techniques in cosmetic surgery including bespoke facelifts, custom made grafts in rhinoplasties and lipo-filling for transverse cervical rhytides.
- He is widely published in cosmetic surgery.
- As a result of his experience, both clinical and academic, he has been invited to lecture and train nationally and internationally on all aspects of cosmetic surgery.
- He has also been responsible for the introduction of national regulation in cosmetic surgery, including the compulsory reporting of outcome and complications following cosmetic surgery, this being rolled out from 2016 onwards.
- He has been involved in the development of the National Breast Implant Registry that went live in 2017.
- He is passionate about maintaining high standards of care, outcome and safety for his patients and in ensuring that future generations of plastic surgeons are trained to the highest possible standards.
- He regularly has senior fellows in plastic surgery training them not only in general cosmetic surgery but also in innovative cosmetic surgery techniques such as bespoke facial rejuvenations, facial and breast lipo-filling, single stage breast augmentation with uplift, and complex open septorhinoplasties.
- Appointed as an NHS Consultant Plastic Surgeon to the Supraregional Plastic Surgery Unit in Salisbury in 1996.
- Between 2003 to 2004 Mr Cadier was appointed as lead clinician and head of service of the Supraregional Plastic Surgery service in Salisbury.
- In 1999 he developed a Plastic Surgery Breast Reconstruction service in the Portsmouth area.
- From 2005 to 2006 Mr Cadier was appointed Clinical Director for Cleft Lip and Palate Services for the Spires Cleft Centre (one of only nine cleft lip and palate centres in the UK).
- In his cleft lip and palate work Mr Cadier saw approximately 50 new babies per year and was responsible for the surgical repair of their lip and palate and then subsequently their nose. This is highly specialised and demanding surgery where obtaining a good aesthetic outcome is paramount.
- In 2005 Mr Cadier reduced his commitment to the NHS and became a part time consultant.
- After 31 years of a fantastic and enjoyable career Mr Cadier left the NHS in 2017.
- From 1996 to 2009 Mr Cadier undertook yearly charity missions to rural areas in Pakistan operating on children with severe facial deformities and post burn contractures with a charity called Childcare International.
- A couple from Birmingham founded this charity raising money from the local community to fund surgeons from the UK to go to Pakistan mostly with a view to perform cleft lip and palate repairs.
- Mr Cadier was one of two surgeons in the team that was sent to the more rural areas of Pakistan, including Larkana, Gilgit , Narowal and Skurdu. In most cases the facilities were rudimentary, but on each visit, lasting 10 to 14 days, up to 70 children were treated, and techniques shared with local surgeons.
- In 2002 one of these visits was the subject of a BBC documentary ‘Changing Smiles’.
- He has treated over 700 children and babies with clefts of the lip and palate in Pakistan. Most of these patients would unfortunately otherwise never have received treatment.
- Since 2009 the political instability in Pakistan has prevented further missions.
- He now regularly contributes to several charities including participating in a London to Paris cycle ride raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund.
Life outside work
Maintaining a good work/life balance is essential, though sometimes difficult. In addition to being very happily married for over 25 years and having three sons, Mr Cadier has undertaken and maintained a wide variety of outside interests. These include:
- Rowing: Queens College 3rd VIII Oxford University 1979/80 Bumps. St Thomas’ 3rd VIII London University 1982 Bumps
- Caving: Throughout the UK 1979-1985.
- Scuba-Diving: PADI Qualified. Kenya, SE Asia. Advanced PADI, Night Diving, Nitrous User.
- Squash: In the past a regular player (my son is a County player).
- Tennis: Member of two clubs. Regular Player.
- Skiing: Passionate Off-Piste skier. In 2017 went to Chile and Argentina to climb and ski down 5 volcanoes.
- Languages: Bilingual French/English. Learning Spanish.
- Piano: Currently studying for Grade 8 (beginner in 2000).
- Other Interests: Travelling, Music, Gardening and Cooking.
- President of BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) 2014 – 2016
- Council member of the BAAPS from 2006 – 2018
- Chair of the Quality and Clinical Outcomes subcommittee for the Cosmetic Surgery Inter-speciality Committee 2014-17
- Founder of the BAAPS/BAPRAS aesthetic surgery training fellowships
- Member of the BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Plastic)
- Program Director for South Coast Intercollegiate Cosmetic Surgery Training Fellowship 2013 – 2017
- Founder member of British Delegation for European Standards for Cosmetic Surgery
- Examiner in Plastic Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons